cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending sms abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

sms messages I'm attempting to send to a mobile Ukraine number have been received  corrupted by the intended recipient for a number of weeks now.  A visit to the O2 shop resulted in a suggestion to alter the international code from +380 to 00380 instead but this has not helped.  Previously I have had no problems and have not altered the settings on my phone.  I use two O2 numbers and both suffer from the same problem.  One is a Samsung Galaxy Ace and the other is a Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos.  I can see sms are being sent but received no delivery reports despite requesting them.   I'm being charged for sending messages which are unreadable.  Voice calls to this Ukraine number work fine, and I can receive sms. Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the recipient phone only got a cyrillic language enabled and perhaps can't see latin letters?

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, her phone can cope with Roman script - has been doing so for years - until recently. 

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

And I should have added she can receive sms messages sent form other networks (i.e. Orange).  It's ones sent from O2 phones that are the problem....

Message 4 of 4