cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can receive emails no problem, but I cannot send emails unless I actually log in to outlook.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help - If I change the incoming settings created when I initially set up for email, authentication fails.  If I try changing the outgoing setting to smtp.live.com, the change is accepted, but still get "sending failed" when trying to send email.  I will just have to put this down to an incompatability between my email provider, my phone service provider, and my phone not allowing me to send emails.  And technology is going to be driving cars????  I do not think so when I cannot even accomplish something so simple because h/w and s/w systems refuse to communicate.  Thanks for you assistance, but being very sceptical about all this new technology anyway, I have already spent too much time trying to get this sorted so I will just send emails when I have access to my laptop.

Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
If you fancy one last try.....?

Incoming e-mail: imap.live.com
Imcoming port: 993
Remember to add your username and login password here.

outgoing e-mail: smtp.live.com
Outgoing port: 465
Tick use SSL and use same sign in details as incoming server.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning @Anonymous, welcome to our forum! Please do let us know if you tried the above and if it happened to work. slight_smile

Message 13 of 13