cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with galaxys2.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anyone else had a recent problem with galaxy s2? Mine has recently started trying to launch voice control even in a silent room and flicks between the menu screen, voice talk screen and even a wether screen then goes blank. It turns itslef back on and battery drains really quickly. have had it reset at teh o2 shop and upgraded to icecream sandwich. Any ideas??

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes it is supposed to launch voice control if you double click the home button, but the problem is when it double clicks too easily....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Some S2's do suffer from an over sensitive home button which can cause the problems you are having. First check is to do a factory reset from the recovery menu (Hold Volume Up + Home + Power until the green android appears). Choose clear cache then reset data and phone will reboot to factory condition. Try it like this to see if it helps then you can add your apps back one at a time (just to check it's not an app causing the trouble). If it still fails in factory condition you need to send back to Samsung for a repair.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. The o2 Guru in the local shop has done a factory reset and also upgraded the phone from gingerbread to icecream sandwich to see if that cures the glitches. Unfortunately it hasn't. It glitches more if i have been on email or the internet and using the back button to return. Could that be the problem do you think?? Maybe it does need to go back to Samsung for them to have a look.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Sounds like a hardware fault.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

So does that mean the phone going away. Sorry not up to speed with this technology. The phone has behaved this afternoon but i havebeen trying not to hit the back button too muvh. Wondering if clicking it twice might now launch the voice controls or something for some reason. Thanks for your advice.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes it is supposed to launch voice control if you double click the home button, but the problem is when it double clicks too easily....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

Message 7 of 7