Did you mean: 

pictures not downloading from mms

Cas1951
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello and Happy New Year! 

Help Can anyone advise how I can solve this please?

Android phone only just recently started with this problem with incoming mms messages - unable to download images. I tap on "download" where the photo is supposed to be. It highlights to say "downloading" for about a minute but then stops itself, and the photo still not appeared.

I have Alcatel pop. Never had this problem with it before - just started doing this recently. I'm wondering if some of my usual settings have somehow become distorted? 

edit - ps - I have o2 pay and go

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Cas1951

You need to turn mobile data on...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cas1951 text the word "active" to 2020 or manual settings here http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/o2-apn-settings

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 16

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff for prompt response, but I've already tried that, and it makes no difference. I'll have a look at the instructions link that someone else has just posted.

Message 4 of 16

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for the link @MI5

I'll go and explore that now 

Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Let us know how it goes......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

text the word "active" to 2020 or manual settings here http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/o2-apn-settings

Followed the instructions on that webpage for "Android APN settings for O2 but it hasn't helped. So I text "active" to 2020 but immediately received a reply... "sorry we have had problems dealing with your request for settings. Please call us on .........".... gives an obsolete phone number, which I tried but a recorded message told me to ring a different number. Rang the new number but too late for tonight - will have to leave until morning now.

On my phone, just went back into the place I'd been guided to earlier........

... settings > more > mobile networks > Access point names .......... that's where I made the changes on a list of settings as instructed.  When I go there now, nothing there except it says "Access Point Name settings are not available for this user".................... oh heck!! what've I done wrong.

I will ring support in the morning. Thanks very much for trying to help though.

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That message means you have somehow deleted your apn.
You'll need to create a new one and ensure you select save from the settings menu before exiting the apn screen.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning @MI5

An update - I've been on the phone to technician/guru this morning for quite a while going through all the settings, etc. they were very helpful and patient, trying different things in settings, etc ........ But anyway to cut a long story short, it was concluded that it seems to be a problem with my sim. Getting replacement sim card- so fingers crossed will soon be sorted.

Many thanks for your support Cheers

Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16