Did you mean: 

pictures not downloading from mms

Cas1951
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello and Happy New Year! 

Help Can anyone advise how I can solve this please?

Android phone only just recently started with this problem with incoming mms messages - unable to download images. I tap on "download" where the photo is supposed to be. It highlights to say "downloading" for about a minute but then stops itself, and the photo still not appeared.

I have Alcatel pop. Never had this problem with it before - just started doing this recently. I'm wondering if some of my usual settings have somehow become distorted? 

edit - ps - I have o2 pay and go

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Will do.

Will be back in a couple of days thumbsup

Message 11 of 16

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Good evening @MI5

Problem not resolved. I received the new sim, now in my phone and o2 transferred my usual number to it, and device re-set. But no - same problem still persists. I will have to call into my nearest o2 store on Monday now I think, to get them to physically look at it.

But anyway, for interest, thought I'd post a screenshot here of the faulty and blank APN settings page as it still is - even after new sim and everything else re-set. You never know - someone might just recognise if there's anything else I could try in the meantime. Apart from the mms problem, the phone is fully functioning as normal. So very odd isn't it! Astounded

APN settings disappeared

Message 12 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cas1951 I don't see your menu button on your screenshot, but can you follow this?

https://www.helpforsmartphone.com/public/en/alcatel/one-touch-pop-4/android-6-0/guides/22/Set-up-Int...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 16

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5

thanks very much for finding that, but no - the menu dots and everything else that should be on right hand end of the bar at the top as illustrated on that webpage, are missing from mine. They were there the other day before I started fiddling about with it, so I did something - don't know what - that must have corrupted it. 

If it still proves to be unfixable on Monday, I'm considering will look for a new phone! as I want to be able to use mms. I'd prefer this one could be fixed though if possible.

Message 14 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

That's very strange @Cas1951 

Hope the Guru in store can sort it for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 16

Cas1951
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Yep definitely wierd! Don't know 

Fingers crossed will be sorted one way or another.

Thank you for your help

Message 16 of 16