cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 repairs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had experiences like this from O2 repairs????

I sent my Xperia X5 to be repaired as I was having problems accessing anything at all, it came back unrepaired stating it was 'physically damaged' and is not covered by my warranty and they are unable to repair under the manufacturers guidelines.

They gave me a list of things that I could do i.e insurance, upgrade if contract was coming to the end, money back from recycling the phone or discounted refurbished phone, well rather than take their word for it, I inserted the sim card and everything works fine although I have lost all my contacts, photos etc as I could not download them prior to sending them off.

All very strange!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
Sounds like a Live Chat response but SDJ says they spoke to O2 Complaints !!!

I thought the same...which is why I suggested @Anonymous keep checking. Doubt they would have had a response so quickly from Complaints?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 28

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, I'm Toby, the O2 community head

Sorry to hear about this. It seems like a mistake was made, but the team can see what can be done to rectify it. Are you still talking to Sony?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Another mistake?
Surely they all just be "mistakes" that we hear about on here?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I telephoned to complain and the lady I spoke to (apparently) phoned the O2 repair department in Norwich whilst I was on the line, all seems very suss to me, going from unable to repair due to 'physical damage' (none of) to ignore that comment it was blacklisted (wrong again).

E-mail sent to take the complaint further today, if I hadn't lost my contacts and sentimental photos I would still be complaining as someone is lying. I shall await reply with interest.

Message 14 of 28

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
So both incorrect statements came from Anovo Norwich.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 15 of 28

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That's what I understand, yes.......?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes apparently both from Norwich via the lady I spoke to from O2 (202 number), I will let you know what IF anything transpires from my e-mail.

Message 18 of 28

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
We have come to expect incorrect information from Live Chat but for Anovo to issue deliberate false information on two occasions takes O2's problem with this contractor to another level.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 19 of 28

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I sincerely hope they don't get the contract again. I think they quote cheap prices to O2 knowing they can increase revenue by other means.

Message 20 of 28