Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

note 2 freezing

Welshydevil74
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 34 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
My note 2 has started to freeze randomly. Only for a couple of seconds but when i try and go back or scroll pages it will freeze or sometimes it says that particular thing im using has stopped working e.g internet,instagram etc. Any ideas what i can do to resolve this??? Thanks
Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Welshydevil74
  • 34 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Was still freezing so got in touch with O2 who told me to hard reset. After backing up i now have most of the info back but not the contacts I had. Any ideas how/if i can get these back? The back up data link was ticked.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Many things to try, but the least radical is to boot into recovery mode and clear your cache.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 24

Welshydevil74
  • 34 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
How would i do that?
Message 3 of 24

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Turn off phone then hold Vol Up + Home + Power until you see the splash screen then let go of the buttons. Once recovery loads use vol down to move to "Clear cache" then hit the power key, scroll down to Yes and hit power key again, then scroll to reboot phone and hit power key again. See if this helps first before resorting to factory resets etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 24

Welshydevil74
  • 34 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Done that so fingers crossed
Message 5 of 24

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
See how it goes, let us know if it helps....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 24

Welshydevil74
  • 34 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Was still freezing so got in touch with O2 who told me to hard reset. After backing up i now have most of the info back but not the contacts I had. Any ideas how/if i can get these back? The back up data link was ticked.

Message 7 of 24

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Where were they before? Do you have a Google account. If you had come back here we could have ensured you had everything properly backed up first !

Currently using:
Message 8 of 24

Welshydevil74
  • 34 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes I have a google account. How do I get them back on???

Message 9 of 24

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Just sign in to Google on the phone and they sync automatically.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 24