cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no network available on my samsung galaxy s4 need help to fix please

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have been sent a samsung galaxy s4 but ... Smiley Indifferent the phone is a clone however it worked fine in china but i put my 02 sim in and i can get the wifi working but the network is not working how can i fix this or is it better to change provider yes done a reset already 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94421 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

You may find the phone is network or country locked. You could try other network sims but you may be better taking it to a local mobile/maket store to see if they can help you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i have been sent a samsung galaxy s4 but ... Smiley Indifferent the phone is a clone however it worked fine in china but i put my 02 sim in and i can get the wifi working but the network is not working how can i fix this or is it better to change provider yes done a reset already 

You buy a "clone" phone from China and then wonder why it does not work properly.

As its possibly not got the official OS on it god knows what can be advised to do with it to get the phone to work.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

i was looking for constructive advise not critersism Smiley Mad it was given to me to try and use or sell it worked fine there i am well aware what they are and in america they dont ever seem to be a problem 

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 94421 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

You may find the phone is network or country locked. You could try other network sims but you may be better taking it to a local mobile/maket store to see if they can help you.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for your advise much appreciate slight_smile 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Definitely region locked (all S4's are) and also may not run on UK GSM frequencies.
Really nothing you can do if that's the case except use it on wifi only.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 6