cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost connectivity because roaming turned when you left your home network

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this message 3 days into a trip to Latvia - was happily using data roaming until this point, and changed nothing - I was mid-way though listening to the radio when the roaming ceased.

Data roaming on is selected, I have restarted the phone several times, and I have only used about 10% of my data allowance for the month.

How do I resolve?  I'm furious as my sole reason for buying the phone (Samsung S7) was to have access to data while I travelled.

thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Please to hear it's sorted for you @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 14

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Awesome to hear it's working now @Anonymous! Thanks for letting us know how you got it fixed. It might help others too who read this topic. smiling

Message 12 of 14

dumont
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had the same issue and changing settings didn't help. I called customer service who "refreshed" my account settings at their end and the data started working immediately.
Message 13 of 14

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It is actually a known issue with some versions of android.
I’m only passing on what others have found to be helpful.

Strange, as things on my Oreo phone seemed to work fine after deactivating Airplane mode on arriving in Spain, picking up Movistar and the new time zone automatically, but as I tried to use Google Maps on the way to our holiday apartment, it became patently obvious the phone was getting itself into a bit of a twist. A reboot fixed it, and it ran fine solidly through the 2 weeks there.

When I got back home, it worked fine on coming out of Airplane mode for Google Maps, no problems. And it set itself back to BST OK. 

I wonder if actually switching the phone off when at 39000 feet is actually better than Airplane Mode... unless you use your phone to watch preloaded movies or listen to preloaded music when in the air, of course. 

Message 14 of 14