cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost connectivity because roaming turned when you left your home network

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this message 3 days into a trip to Latvia - was happily using data roaming until this point, and changed nothing - I was mid-way though listening to the radio when the roaming ceased.

Data roaming on is selected, I have restarted the phone several times, and I have only used about 10% of my data allowance for the month.

How do I resolve?  I'm furious as my sole reason for buying the phone (Samsung S7) was to have access to data while I travelled.

thanks

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122383 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You could try manually selecting another network. If that fails then give customer services a call

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
  • 122383 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You could try manually selecting another network. If that fails then give customer services a call

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Try turning off 4g and just select the 3g option.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 14

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

yeap sound like your jumping network as set to automatically detect network turn to manual and select the correct network.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Automatic network detection should actually help with this issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 14

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

The phone would be already set to automatic network selection? So how would this help if the problem is occurring still.

I have always selected my network manuallly on my S7 when abroad and never had an issue.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 6 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122383 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The op states they were using data roaming fine for 3 days and then it stopped. So it could be a network issue or exceeding data limit?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It is actually a known issue with some versions of android.
I’m only passing on what others have found to be helpful.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous welcome to our forum. Did the connectivity issue get resolved for you? Any help from the above suggestions from our members?

Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.  I did as suggested: dropped down to 3G and then manually selected networks until I found one that worked.  I was then able to try 4G and that is working too.  My long cutover shifts are much more bearable and I'm  a very happy bunny. I appreciate all the responses.

Message 10 of 14