cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kitkat has stopped my phone from working

Anonymous
Not applicable
My new note 3 is next to worthless. I have now not been able to use my phone for 4 weeks. Endless factory resets. The latest solution.. take it t poo my local 02 shop.. The problem.. I'm in paris. Shame on 02 for letting this update on their network.. The answer appears to be let the consumer bear the cost, the time and the trouble.
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Can I just check then when you boot into recovery you are selecting clear cache, then clear user data/reset?
You say you get an error when you select restart - what is the error saying (it will flash up at the bottom of the screen).
If the update failed you can reflash your firmware easily with Odin which will be the first thing service do, so you may as well save time and do it yourself.....
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/46346...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If all else fails you may have to send it back to Samsung to be looked at.

I wouldn't use an O2 repairs service.

Maybe one of the other guys can help on this. Possibly Odin etc on a PC May help.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/46346...
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

Hi Terry...

There are millions of phones on KK without issues so there must be something amiss with your phone.
What exactly are the problems you are having and how have you done your factory resets?

Let me know and I'll try and help and give my opiniion on the problems.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
My note 3 is running kit kat without a problem what issue are you having?
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
My note 3 freezes since the update, I've only had the phone two weeks. When it freezes It lasts for about 10 seconds. I've tried the recovery way and all seems ok but as soon as I select reboot the little android robot has error under himself. However it does reboot and reinstalls all apps, but still seems to freeze. If I need to send it to Samsung does anyone know which number I call thanks in advance
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you say you have tried recovery way have you done a factory reset as you should after an upgrade
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Some help links.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus.html

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/
Hope all goes well for you.
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Can I just check then when you boot into recovery you are selecting clear cache, then clear user data/reset?
You say you get an error when you select restart - what is the error saying (it will flash up at the bottom of the screen).
If the update failed you can reflash your firmware easily with Odin which will be the first thing service do, so you may as well save time and do it yourself.....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks MI5  the error i got was just under the green robot in small writing but i didnt see any other message below

anyway i have reflashed the firmware and i dont have any error coming up now hopefully the freezing will have also gone

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10