cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keep getting restricted access

Anonymous
Not applicable
My self and my dad keep getting restricted access on both out son Xperia phones.... I have a Xperia z and he has a Xperia SP.....
Tried restarting the phones removing the sim cards and reinserting them.... I have no outstading balance and neither does my dad.... Please help
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can start to make a call for instance to O2 Then it cuts out and the message pops up.....
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Do you get a No Network pop up ?

Look at your mast status http://status.o2.co.uk and tel O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business to have your account looked at.

Try Turnjng the phone off , clean the sim and reinsert and turn back on.

Lastly a sim swap is known to help.

SwapMySim Procedure.

If a person upgrades to another phone and the new phone takes another sized Sim Card then this procedure moves the Tariff and Mobile number from the original SIM card to the new one. If on PayAsYouGo any credit will move across too.

This is the same is a new SIM card is required if a person feels their original one may be at fault.

Any O2 HighStreet Store can perform the swap in store (if on Contract please take some Photo I.D just incase), or a person can take the SIM card home or request one via O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business -> http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Sim Swap link -> http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

Be sure to ask for an Account Specific Blank SIM card as Contract and Pay As You Go versions hold different information.

The Service will stop on the original SIM card which indicates the swap has started. Turning the phone Off and On , or if applicable switching airplane mode On and Off ,with the new SIM card in every 20 minutes or so will typically help the connection to settle
Message 3 of 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Restricted access can mean a few things but is commonly displayed because signal is completely dead.
This can sometimes be when switching from 3g to 2g, so try going to settings, wireless and networks, more, mobile networks, network mode and select 2g only.
It also has been known to occur with some weather widgets using GPS only as the location setting.
To change this go to settings, location, and location mode to high accuracy (GPS,mobile data, wifi) which will prevent the signal from dropping while it syncs the weather.
Let us know if any of these work.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
To add : It is weird this is happening on both phones.

Can you try your SIM card in another phone as a process of elimination.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 5 of 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Tbh it's more than likely mast issues or poor signal in localised area
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
May be mast issues. Status.o2.co.UK should help