cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ive cracked my screeen does anyone on my s3 does anyone now how much it is to get repaired ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

as above

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to look around or take it into a qualified repairer - maybe even Samsung themselves - for actual quotes.  Bear in mind that you may get a lower price in a local shop but using them may invalidate any warranty you have.

The way those are built, a crack will often require a complete replacement of the screen, digitiser and other parts because they are all bonded together.  A quick look on Google shows people paying £135 to £180 for that repair.  A few people say they were "lucky" and were able to get just the outer screen replaced - for around £20-£50.   Some people -with the necessary skills and courage - have done the work themselves.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to look around or take it into a qualified repairer - maybe even Samsung themselves - for actual quotes.  Bear in mind that you may get a lower price in a local shop but using them may invalidate any warranty you have.

The way those are built, a crack will often require a complete replacement of the screen, digitiser and other parts because they are all bonded together.  A quick look on Google shows people paying £135 to £180 for that repair.  A few people say they were "lucky" and were able to get just the outer screen replaced - for around £20-£50.   Some people -with the necessary skills and courage - have done the work themselves.

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
i smashed the same screen .. looked on ebay aprox 170 fitted
and as its been said its a complete screen sys req
took the chance and got it done at my local shop done in 30 mins 160 happy so far
Message 3 of 3