cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ifitness app

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been charged by a company called ifitness twice for an app i have not purchased. can anyonr help please?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
ME too. I've been charged for three weeks and the first i heard of it was when I got a text this morning saying I was a member. I did not sign up and do not want this service. I don't think 02 should be paying out to these people.
Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
ME too. I've been charged for three weeks and the first i heard of it was when I got a text this morning saying I was a member. I did not sign up and do not want this service. I don't think 02 should be paying out to these people.

The way the regulations stand currently, the networks just pass on the charges billed by these scammers. Until the regulators grow some teeth and force some kind of 2 step verification it will never change.

I'm afraid anyone caught out by these scams will have to do their own legwork to get compensated for the charges https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-scam-What/td-p/968023

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also been charged £3 for the ifitness app which I have no knowledge about and do not know what it does. Had long chat with O2 who said they would cancel my subscription which I never enrolled for and block it. No refund plan to go to the Ombudsman as this is effectively fraud and suggest you do the same

Message 13 of 16

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have also been charged £3 for the ifitness app which I have no knowledge about and do not know what it does. Had long chat with O2 who said they would cancel my subscription which I never enrolled for and block it. No refund, plan to go to the Ombudsman as this is effectively fraud and suggest you do the same

The correct process for claiming a refund is covered in the help thread linked to https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-scam-What/td-p/968023

The Ombudsman cannot refund you nor can they handle fraud cases. The regulator is the only one who, in this entire pathetic system, can help you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ifitness has taken £96 off me since March iv just been on the phone to them and demaned a refund , at first they said they will only refund £30 but after a few words which was nice words the lady who I spoke to said she as requested the full £96 , so in the next 14 day I should recive a texe with a code on to take to the post office to claim back my money , let's see if this happens
Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Fingers crossed for you.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 16