cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ice cream sandwich

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have galaxy s2, gingerbread, version 2.3.5 when will ice cream sandwich be available?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Make sure you have the latest version of Kies (it should update automatically but do a "check for updates"). It will then tell you on the "General tab your current firmware and the latest and should say you have an update. You need to connect with the data cable, not wifi.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
About 12 months ago - Have you connected to Kies to update phone? http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

yep just being trying that, can't find any settings or no prompt for update? am i missing something?

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Make sure you have the latest version of Kies (it should update automatically but do a "check for updates"). It will then tell you on the "General tab your current firmware and the latest and should say you have an update. You need to connect with the data cable, not wifi.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i have galaxy s2, gingerbread, version 2.3.5 when will ice cream sandwich be available?

Hopefully Jelly Bean will be coming to the S2 this month (at least if the current round of rumours are to be belived grin )

Chris

Message 5 of 5