cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 not receiving any texts

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm receiving iMessages, and others are getting my texts but I'm not receiving any.
I've tried resetting the network, tried the *#5005 option but nothing is working, I really don't want my phone to be sent off for repair, any ideas?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Change the network settings to manual and select any network but o2. You will get an error response and then select O2 again. That should clear any stuck messages that may be blocking your account.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Try removing, wiping and replacing your sim.
Also try a reset by holding power and vol down until the Apple logo appears on screen.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, Ive tried both options unfortunately without any luck.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Is this a sudden change or always been like this?
Did you have a different phone before the iPhone?
Have you blocked any numbers at all?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Change the network settings to manual and select any network but o2. You will get an error response and then select O2 again. That should clear any stuck messages that may be blocking your account.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had the phone about 4 months and never had a problem until yesterday. Ive blocked a few spam phone numbers, but none that send SMS. I didn't have an iPhone prior to this.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You genius. It worked! Thank you both so much for the help.
Message 7 of 8

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, 

Glad to hear they helped you! Thanks @MI5 and @jonsie heartHero

Let us know if we can help you more and welcome to the O2 community! We hope to see you around Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 8 of 8