cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

htc desire 626 update is availiable but wont install

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a htc desire 626 it says that there is a software update to andriod 6 marshmallow but when i install it  the phone downloads unzips it and install it but when you check it the software version in it has not changed  i have tried everything htc customer help was useless anyone have any ideas what causing this   my current version is 1.09.206.6 andriod v5.1 htc sense v7.0 the update it is trying to install is andriod 6 marshmallow v2.10.206.2

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
How much free space is there on the phone?
As a rule, you need at least twice as much as the size of the update.
If that's good, you may have to do a factory reset to get it to take the update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have 6gb free space i  have done the factory reset also all developers options

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

No idea then, sorry.

If it's still under warranty, send it in to HTC to install it for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of warranty .hardly been used as used my Samsung S4 mini HTC said that they will charge to install update so will just wait to I can upgrade to newer phone and possibly different provider thanks for your help

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

No worries.
Best  of luck.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6