Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy s9 call forwarding

aitchgee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Today I missed several calls because they went straight to voicemail. I couldn't find out why this was, but restarting fixed the problem. I've been trying to see how to set - and unset- call forwarding. I look under Phone, Settings, More settings, which is where I'm told the forwarding options should be but they are not there. It may be relevant that the phone was bought in the US on the xfinity network.

I'd appreciate any help.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Try entering ##002# into the keypad which should cancel all diverts  You may need to disable WiFi calling if you have activated that. 

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@aitchgee If restarting fixed it you don’t need to worry about your settings, they will be ok. If you phone has carrier customised firmware it may not even be possible to change any of the settings anyway. 

It sounds like your phone dropped off the network and the reboot reregistered you. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

aitchgee
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. Is there any way I can check to see if that's what happened? A log, for example.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not really.
Just the fact that calls weren't getting through and it was fixed by a reboot confirms it though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

aitchgee
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On reflection, if the phone wasn't on the network, wouldn't callers get the "number not recognised" or something similar, rather than the voicemail message?

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not with O2 necessarily. Sometimes you get a dead signal, sometimes voicemail and sometimes it just drops the call.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7