cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy s2 swipe screen lock problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies if this has been asked before, had a quick look and can't find anything - had my s2 for about 17 months with no problem, decided today to remove the swipe screen lock from start page by turning it off in settings - now the swipe screen is still there and doesn't recognise my original swipe code and I can't access home screen, any ideas how I can sort this please ?

thanks Kenny

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you keep entering the wrong code enough times (10 I think) the phone will give you the option to sign in to your Google account. Once signed in it should reset the code.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you keep entering the wrong code enough times (10 I think) the phone will give you the option to sign in to your Google account. Once signed in it should reset the code.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I got to 25 times and it decided to accept my original code !? - don't know what that was about but have now removed it from start up and phone is fine 🙂

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I've heard of others having the same problem when trying to remove the code lock so it must be a glitch in the software on some versions.....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4