cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

ive recently had a new phone but the google mail has stopped working , it stops everything else working properly , I visited a o2 shop they reset my settings then I was told to go for a walk around for it to work as it wouldn't in the shop ?  It stops me answering any calls now , so I'm going to ring o2 but I am not expecting the right answer , as anyone else got an answer 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
OK, just check this for me. Go to Settings->Application Manager->All tab. Scroll to the very bottom of the list and check if Download Manager is disabled. If so, click it and enable it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I don't understand how gmail can stop your phone from working. What error messages are you getting? How do you know its gmail that's causing the issue? I'm sure there is a simple answer but need more info first?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

the phone screen goes blank before returning to the main screen and the phone says unfortunatley the process com. google process gapps has stopped.  then says unfortunately , gmail has stopped  and on occasions the screen turns green .

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
OK, just check this for me. Go to Settings->Application Manager->All tab. Scroll to the very bottom of the list and check if Download Manager is disabled. If so, click it and enable it.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4