cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

entered password too many times

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning,

My sons entered the password on my phone too many times, it is now asking for a email address and password which I dont know. Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AlignedChaos
Level 9: Fired up
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
Hopefully, depending on how you set the account up you should be able to do it via any Google service. On your computer, go to www.gmail.com enter your user name then follow the link for forgotten password. follow the steps and it should allow you to change your password.

If that is successful and you get into GMail then wait a while then try this email address and new password on your phone.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

AlignedChaos
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
What type of phone is it, and at what point is it asking for those details (I.e lock screen, certain app access etc)?
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi It is a HTC Desire and it is asking for the details on the unlock screen

Message 3 of 6

AlignedChaos
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
Hi,

I've not come across this before, but as you are running an Android phone, the email address it is most likely asking for will be the one you set the phone up with. This should be a Google address ending in either @gmail.com or @googlemail.com.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, this rings a bell, however I dont know the password, any idea how I can get this reset?

thanks in advance
Message 5 of 6

AlignedChaos
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
Hopefully, depending on how you set the account up you should be able to do it via any Google service. On your computer, go to www.gmail.com enter your user name then follow the link for forgotten password. follow the steps and it should allow you to change your password.

If that is successful and you get into GMail then wait a while then try this email address and new password on your phone.
Message 6 of 6