cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z1 compact kitkat update bugs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the Z1 Compact update to kitkat version 4.4.2 (build number 14.3.A.0.681). BUT, now that that update has caused problems with the ring tones and notification sounds not working correctly, how soon can I expect to get the bug fix version (build number 14.3.A.0.757)?

Regards J

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

how soon can I expect to get the bug fix version (build number 14.3.A.0.757)?

Roughly about as long as you waited for the .681 release wink

If something has gone wrong with your installation you can download Sony PC Companion and do an emergency firmware install through SUS.....

I'm aware of a bluetooth bug in firmware but not heard of any ringtone bugs ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have encountered some notifications crackling but it doesn't bother me too much if at all and lucky enough there isn't any issues with music playback 🙂
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you done a factory reset since upgrading as that's always recommended
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

didd1
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all I have performed a factory reset and reistalled the firmware but I am still having issues. Can we expect the bug fix firmware anytime soon as this is becoming really annoying now having to keep resetting my phone. Cheers 

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@didd1 wrote:

Hi all I have performed a factory reset and reistalled the firmware but I am still having issues. Can we expect the bug fix firmware anytime soon as this is becoming really annoying now having to keep resetting my phone. Cheers 

@Chris_K is your man - flagged it to him for you wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Cheers for being my ears, MI5! 🙂

So good news then... Sony has already pushed out an update to fix this audio bug and for O2 handsets this update should be live today via the PC Companion software. If you're more of an "over the air" person, it should be on its way very soon... Possibly even this week, but I don't want to confirm just yet so as to avoid any possible disappointment (updates can be tricky business and dates can often change).

I'll be checking into the OTA update status later this week and will update you when things are looking a bit clearer. If you want it NOW NOW NOW, no worries - connect it via USB and fire up the PC Companion suite to update 🙂

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Thanks Chris slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

didd1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
many thanks i will keep an eye out for it
Message 10 of 13