cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z1 headphones

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thought I would start a new thread to ensure the info is kept on topic.

As you know the headphones were missing from our z1 boxes.

Some people have gotten credit, others told the headphones have been ordered.

I was told (phone and web chat) that the headphones could only be ordered as they do not give credit (inconsistent!) so this was fine as I wanted the headphones....

A day later I got an email saying they are out of stock so please go into a store and pick them up free of charge...

This sounded strange as I was sure stores wouldn't do this, called a store this morning and sure enough they don't do this. All they could do was order them for me and they come from the same warehouse as customer service order from!!!

The misinformation coming out of O2 is rather worrying so far....is it always like this?
Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81

Anonymous
Not applicable

"

They told me that Sony has agreed to supply headphones with the Z1 because of the complaints of those who purchased the phone.

And as soon as Sony ships them to O2, they will send a text and email and ship them out to us."

they told me the same! )))) but they couldn't explain though - why in their online shop is nothing about not getting the headphones with the mobile phone! )) I think this info is very important and they should add it before someone is buying the phone!!! ))) But they are not going to change or add this info because this is kinda bad for business )). But when you bought the phone (they think) not everyone is going to call them and beg to send the headphones! ))))))))) greedy O2! )) 

Message 61 of 82

kernowman
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 25 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just got off the phone with O2 about the missing headphones

They said they haven't got any news on when they will be available

Apparently it may take from a couple of days to a few weeks for Sony to send them out.

I was offered a compatible pair of headphones, but I think I will wait till Sony sends out the original set

Message 62 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just come across this thread and i also do not have any headphones with my phone I pre-ordered it as i am a Sony fan of many years and i am impressed with the phone. I have tried to call O2 but I can not get through and i find the online chat advisors do not always give the correct information. I have even tried Sonys website and it seems everything for the Z1 is out of stock I have managed to purchase the magnetic charging dock and that is wonderful. I think i will fire an e-mail to Sony mobile directly as O2 seem to be dragging their heels. If anyone has any luck please let me know.

Message 63 of 82

kernowman
  • 25 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Got an email from Sony regarding the missing headphones

This is what they sent me

"Thank you for contacting the Sony Xperia support centre.

Im sorry for any issues regarding not receiving headphones for your Sony Xperia Z1 from O2. We can confirm any headsets provided are down to the decision of the network/retailer who sell them. 

Any stock should be handled by the retailer directly, any details of stock provided for the retailer by Sony wouldnt be information we have access to. 

I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. If you need any further help please let me know."

So if I am reading this right it seem O2 was the reason the Xperia Z1 didn't come with the headphones and not Sony

Message 64 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kernowman wrote:

So if I am reading this right it seem O2 was the reason the Xperia Z1 didn't come with the headphones and not Sony

You're reading correctly, but it doesn't mean it's true.

Neither O2 or Sony are going to admit that the lack of headphones was their decision, as that would open them up to complaints. They're always going to try and shift the blame to one another.

Message 65 of 82

kernowman
  • 25 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

As long as I get a headset I don't really care who's at fault

But both Sony and O2 are saying different things

And if you you speak to O2 on "Live Chat" they tell you that the Xeperia Z1 doesn't come with headphones and you have to buy them.

O2 should sort this out

I never heard of a mobile being sold without it's headphones

Even a £20 handset includes them

I will wait till friday to call O2 again and see what's going on

Message 66 of 82

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions
What you are being told on live chat is correct, I have seen the memo myself. The Xperia Z1 does not come with earphones. From what I've heard depending on who you speak to O2 have been kind enough to send earphones or offer a credit to customers who have complained - but make no mistake, they are not obligated to do this so it is a gesture of goodwill.

Many phones do not come with earphones now, unfortunately in this case on our network at least the Z1 is one of them.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 67 of 82

kernowman
  • 25 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Called O2 again today

They gave me a number to call to order the earphones

You have to give them your Info (Name, Address and Date of Purchase) and IMEI number.

The number is: 0800 038 5341

Or email: earphone@sony-promotions.com

They told me it might take up to 3 weeks for the earphones to arrive

Message 68 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just done the above. All ok and package being sent out in three weeks. Thanks Kernowman.
Message 69 of 82

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have E-mailed Sony directly and their answer is as follows

Thank you for contacting the Sony Xperia support centre.

We are sorry to hear you are having issues getting the headphones for your Sony Xperia Z1.

We can advise tha you will need go onto the webiste below.

http://www.sony-promotions.com/earphones/ 

Or you can call 0800 0385341

We hope this resolves your issue

I have completed the form on the link and they have advised they will send me the headphones I hope this works for everyone.

Message 70 of 82