Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Xz1, XZ1 Compact or XZ Premium

Betablue
Level 4: Observant
  • 57 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm about to upgrade. If I go for new phone it's one of those 3. I've a Z5 Compact, favourite phone I've ever had.

But the better screen of the bigger two is tempting. On the other hand would a lower grade display matter as I don't view a lot of video on my phone and I like the idea of the XZ1 COMPACT having the power of the big phones.

It's my decision of course but I'd appreciate the input of the legendary @viridis please Sir!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Betablue
  • 57 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
X
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@BetablueI know @viridis has been out all day. Hopefully tagging him again will bring him to the thread when he is available....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
The jump from compact to the larger 5.5 of the premium is quite a difference, so literally all that separates the xz1 and xzp is the screen specs,size and a few build differences, essentially they are the same. Myself id go for either the xz1 or xzp but that's just personal preference, the xz1 compact is no slouch as it contains the same guts as the bigger two.
My guess for you though, would be that the jump to xzp would be too much, it would feel massive coming from a compact and in some cases that can go against the experience of a new device.
So.. were left with xz1 and compact.. and i solidly recommend you pop into a store and pick them up and have a play just to confirm your liking to which handset, if honest and whittling down your liking for compact, but wanting something a little bigger, it would be wise to look at XZ1, The all metal body, HDR, and slightly larger size rather than the huge xzp, mean this is probably perfect for you.
Message 4 of 12

Betablue
  • 57 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you kindly for your advice @viridis there is much food for thought: dropping in to play around with them is next step. I'll message back which one I go for, I think I will rule xzp out. Thanks again.

Thanks also @Cleoriff advice appreciated slight_smile
Message 5 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23039 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Always best to get touchy feely if you can with something you're going to be using a lot over the next couple of years. That could cover a gamut of things, come to think of it.....:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 12

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I'd give the htc u11 a look iv had Sony many times z1 z1 compact z2 z3 z3 compact and z5 premium lol I find you get a Sony then boom new one comes out and makes yours absulete but if you going Sony then xz premium I'd go with
Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Always best to get touchy feely if you can with something you're going to be using a lot over the next couple of years. That could cover a gamut of things, come to think of it.....:smileywink:

LOL It could indeed @Bambino

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

LOL It could indeed @Bambino

I've run out of kudo's otherwise I'd kudo each of you @Cleoriff@Bambino ... winkLOLFantastic

Message 9 of 12

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@liggerz87 wrote:
I'd give the htc u11 a look iv had Sony many times z1 z1 compact z2 z3 z3 compact and z5 premium lol I find you get a Sony then boom new one comes out and makes yours absulete but if you going Sony then xz premium I'd go with

Not the case now, the Xz premium is nearly a year old but since then the xz1 and xz1 compact are the same device but in smaller options. At the moment the Sony xzp and xz1 series are the same and still the fastest phones available, but yeah they will be made "older" in February at MWC as with every manufacturer, i still wouldn't say obsolete though, the days of 6 month incremental upgrades is finished.

Message 10 of 12