Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia XZ and Android 7.1.1 in the UK

GUK
Level 3: Thinker
  • 50 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - I've noticed via XperiFirm (yes, and checking with PC Companion) that in the UK, Vodafone, Virgin and EE have already upgraded XZ phones to android 7.1.1. Is there a specific reason O2 are lagging behind? Three haven't done it yet, but I don't even think they've even pushed out the security update which the rest of us got about a month ago.

Message 1 of 44
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@GUK wrote:

Hi - I've noticed via XperiFirm (yes, and checking with PC Companion) that in the UK, Vodafone, Virgin and EE have already upgraded XZ phones to android 7.1.1. Is there a specific reason O2 are lagging behind? Three haven't done it yet, but I don't even think they've even pushed out the security update which the rest of us got about a month ago.

We apologise for the delay in bringing this software update to the Xperia XZ but we have encountered issues with it on our network that we believe are specific to us, due to the various technologies we use to create a truly smart network. We’re working closely with Sony to resolve this as quickly as possible, but fixing it is complex so it may take a few more weeks. As and when we’ve got another update, we’ll keep you posted.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Not a clue tbh,
Chris_k will know
Message 3 of 44

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Should be this week if O2 sent it back to Sony for deployment.
Message 4 of 44

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@GUK wrote:

We apologise for the delay in bringing this software update to the Xperia XZ but we have encountered issues with it on our network that we believe are specific to us, due to the various technologies we use to create a truly smart network. We’re working closely with Sony to resolve this as quickly as possible, but fixing it is complex so it may take a few more weeks. As and when we’ve got another update, we’ll keep you posted.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 5 of 44

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Does this mean that any unbranded phones won't work on o2?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 44

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
@Chris_K
I've had 7.1.1 on o2 for a while now, is this to do with implementation of VoLTE or something else?
Message 8 of 44

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Does this mean that any unbranded phones won't work on o2?

They work fine.

Must be something unique to o2 fw 

Message 9 of 44

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thanks @Chris_K for the update! you are Fantastic

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 10 of 44