cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia 1L

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is blinking blue dot in top left hand corner of phone a sign I've received a voicemail?

If so, how do I read this message ... & ... then turn voicemail off?

This is a new phone, my 1st Android

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Whatever the notification, just slide your finger down from the top of the screen and it will open up your notification panel.
Anything that is causing the flashing blue light will be listed in there.
With Android, you get notifications from most of your apps this way such as Facebook, email etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Dial 901 to listen to voicemail.
Press 3 to delete messages.
Then dial 1760 to turn off voicemail.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not sure about the blinking blue dot @Anonymous though all you need to know about voicemail here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712

When my phone shows a blinking blue light it means I have some sort of notification...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 22

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Yeah, it's some sort of notification from an app.
Message 4 of 22

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Whatever the notification, just slide your finger down from the top of the screen and it will open up your notification panel.
With Android, you get notifications from most of your apps this way such as Facebook, email etc.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @MI5@Cleoriff @viridis

I have now turned voicemail off

The blinking blue dot has disappeared ... it may have been Facebook

This Xperia 1L is certainly more sophisticated than my old Lumia 50lte ... but ... it is easy to use

Thank you for answering my basic question(s)

Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

Thank you for this @MI5

Message 7 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Pleased you are enjoying the phone @Anonymous. I can assure you now you have joined 'the android army' you won't go back to any other model... wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Pleased you are enjoying the phone @Anonymous. I can assure you now you have joined 'the android army' you won't go back to any other model... wink

Yes @Cleoriff ... I've been loyal to Nokia (Lumia) for years ... I kinda thought these 'fancy phones' were only for the likes of the tech competent & expensive 

Proud to be part of the Android Army ... I can hear @viridis laughing his little sox off at me wink

Message 9 of 22

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
You're in the army now.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 10 of 22