Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XXEMC2 Released for unbranded S3's

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
On Kies now or OTA if you're prepared to wait.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

grrr, really want o2 update. panicking about my phone freezing again. think it blocked a few phone calls the other day aswell. Not good when you use your phone for business 😞

May have to revisit the unbranding of my phone idea again wink

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Get an unlock code and flash the latest unbranded firmware.... It'll take no more than 15 mins.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry to high jack the thread but just a reminder:

• Do i get the unlock code from o2
  • Do they charge?
  • Where do i get the latest firmware? sammobile?
  • will it void my samsung warranty?
  • will i still recieve OTA updates?
  • will my phone stop doing the crashy crashy?
  • Is ther any downside?

I have flashed cheap arnova tablets before as i wasn't too worried if i broke it but i am trying to be a little more cautious with a £400 phone (although that figure decreases daily)

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Request unlock code here https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form it's free for pay monthly customers or £15 for PAYG.

www.sammobile.com, click the firmware tab and type i9300 in the search box. You need to register (free) then just click the latest UK firmware to download it.

Get Odin V3.07 from here http://www.android.gs/download-odin-3-07/ (also how to use guides - real easy).

Warranty is NOT void

OTA updates from Sammy will work (so will Kies if you are bothered).

Yes, no more crashy crashy...

None at all - all positives slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5