cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Help again got new hub from bt but its same as old one rubbish, anyway my galaxy s4 is set up with this hub but it comes up with sign in required it shows full bars I click on that and up comes the name code of hub sig strength very strong asking me to connect it try's to connect and up comes network disabled network connection to slow my daughters I phone ok for connection and so is this I pad ,when it says sign in required I get a highlighted hub number which is correct and 3 options cancel forget or connect press connect it comes up again with connection to slow how can it be to slow when phone says sinal very strong then it goes back to sign in is required gggrrrrr
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

A little confusing, but if you press connect for the hub, does it then ask you for the Network Key? If so, you need to enter that key. It will probably be either on the bottom or the back of the hub.

If someone else understands this post better than I do, feel free to chime in.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you are 4.3 firmware there is a wifi bug which gives the symptoms you are suffering.
There has been a patch rolled out so check to make sure you are on the latest firmware first.
After that try clearing forgetting your wifi connections and then reboot into recovery and clear cache.
You can also turn off Auto Network Switch in advanced wifi settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure what I was going into just pressed buttons here ther everywhere might have done something cause I got connected without all the rift raff I was getting before wil keep an eye on it meanwhile bt engineers running around like headless chickens thanks lads, I should have had a wee box of you guys along with the contents of my phone when I bought it lol.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a similar issue with the BT Home Hub 4. I have two galaxy S4 handsets. One connected fine to wifi but the other wouldn't.

I rang BT Broadband Technical and 20 minutes later they made some adjustments and it all worked fine and has ever since.
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everybody for help but getting a bit sick of all this technical stuff a £500plus phone but sitting here in living room I have had nothing but stress with connections whether it be here at work or anywhere to be honest dumfries not ready for hi tech stuff even the simplest things like phone my sister 600 yards away it says sorry we cannot connect I get it everywhere whether phoning or trying to connect the worst time I have had with a phone (galaxys4 & 02 ) has been a nightmare.moan. Oh and bt but to be fair to them in Mumbai my sig strength very strong and full bars but phone still rubbish gggrrrrrr
Message 6 of 6