Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling missing after update

Wifi1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Wifi calling on my s20+ has been missing (completely gone off my phone) since the new update December 1st. Spoken to the whole world and its wife trying to get it put back on my phone... No one can and now have been told to wait until a new update?!?! Anyone have this issue and been able to get it back?? TIA x
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Wifi1 

Turn off and remove sim.

Turn phone back on and wait for it to fully boot up.

Replace sim with phone still turned on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Wifi1 

Turn off and remove sim.

Turn phone back on and wait for it to fully boot up.

Replace sim with phone still turned on.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

DARKH0RIZ0N
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I can confirm that this works. I have just done this on my Samsung Galaxy s20 plus.
If,however, you turn your phone off and on again the option is missing once again and it is necessary to repeat the process described above by MI5. I have spent the last three days looking for a solution to this problem, including on line chats and calls to 202. So far I have been completely underwhelmed by the support received from O2
Message 3 of 13

Wifi1
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you soooo much, this has worked. Spent ages And spoken to everyone. Thank you
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Darkangel71
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was sent a replacement phone and still doesn't keep the settings. The sim card is brand new. Will be returning the replacement phone.
Message 6 of 13

AWat
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
As a temp fix ok, but removing sim every time you start the phone can't be good for the sim slot. When will there be a perm update?
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

That's a question for Samsung @AWat 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

GSB
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am also affected by this (S20+). Using the boot phone, then replace sim method for now. I am entirely dependant on wifi calling (no cellular signal at home), but luckily restart my phone very infrequently.

• Is this an Android 11 issue affecting all devices and carriers?
  • Or an O2 specific issue affecting all devices running v11?
  • Or an O2 specific issue affecting Samsung devices running v11?
  • Or an O2 specific issue affecting non-O2 firmware Samsung devices running v11?

The issue sits with O2 any which way right as the carrier pushes the update?

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, O2 do not push the update, nor write the firmware, so either way, regardless of blame, the fix is dependent on Samsung.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13