Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling issues. New contracts multiple devices

adelphiaUK
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 28 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys and gals.

As you'll see from my signature, I am a new O2 customer and have 2 contracts; a VMO2 Ultimate with unlimited everything on a Samsung S10 Plus with Android 11 and also a secondary SIM on a Samsung Tab S7 LTE/4G (Android 10) which is what I'm writing on now. Both of these are SIM only deals as I already had these devices on (shhh) Sky

Both devices supported WiFi calling and worked without any issues but now I've switched to O2 neither of them even have WiFi calling in the phone options.

I have read a few so called tips/fixes on the site (or on Samsung's Members site) and followed the steps about turning phone off, taking out SIM, turn phone on, turn on WiFi, reinsert SIM etc but none of the tips/fixes have worked.

In addition to this, I have followed what it says about checking its turned on in MyO2 but there is no where for me to do that. When I follow the link for WiFi/4G calling it just takes me to the help page and then says do into Device Properties (it maybe Device Settings) in MyO2 and follow the links for WiFi/4G calling which I do and then I get the page with the link to the help page and then the whole process starts again.

Is this something I need to go to Customer Services directly or has anyone had any experience with that that may know of a magic fix.

As always, any advice or help you can throw my way and as I'm not feeling the best right now (meds and all that) I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Cheers

Chris
VMO2 Volt customer since December 2021
PS: Please excuse misspellings and anything which may not make sense as the medication I take sometimes have an adverse effect on me.
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @adelphiaUK 

I'll answer the question about deleting a post first. Basically you can't delete once posted. What you can do is edit your post by deleting all the script and replacing it by writing 'Deleted by me'. Eventually it may be removed by one of the moderation team. (or in the section where you used the edit function, if you scroll down to the bottom, you will see REPORT CONTENT. If you click on that, a box will open and you can ask the mod team to delete post.

Onto Wifi Calling. I'll give you a link which you can read and check if your device is supported on O2. (Note that some Samsung devices need O2 firmware for it to work properly according to the info)

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling 

If supported, you need to contact O2 and ask them to activate it on your account.

Once that's done (and via My O2) you then turn it on yourself.

wifi calling myo2.PNG

Please note this image is from My O2 using a PC. It may look different on the app.

I'm off to bed now @adelphiaUK 😂 I hope I've given you some help.

Please feel free to ask further questions. I'm sure someone else will answer either tonight or first thing in the morning.

Welcome to the forum. 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

adelphiaUK
  • 28 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry. Forgot to say tablet is Android 10.

OK. I've found out how to edit my posts but how can I delete one like this one?

Chris
PS: Please excuse misspellings and anything which may not make sense as the medication I take sometimes have an adverse effect on me.
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @adelphiaUK 

I'll answer the question about deleting a post first. Basically you can't delete once posted. What you can do is edit your post by deleting all the script and replacing it by writing 'Deleted by me'. Eventually it may be removed by one of the moderation team. (or in the section where you used the edit function, if you scroll down to the bottom, you will see REPORT CONTENT. If you click on that, a box will open and you can ask the mod team to delete post.

Onto Wifi Calling. I'll give you a link which you can read and check if your device is supported on O2. (Note that some Samsung devices need O2 firmware for it to work properly according to the info)

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling 

If supported, you need to contact O2 and ask them to activate it on your account.

Once that's done (and via My O2) you then turn it on yourself.

wifi calling myo2.PNG

Please note this image is from My O2 using a PC. It may look different on the app.

I'm off to bed now @adelphiaUK 😂 I hope I've given you some help.

Please feel free to ask further questions. I'm sure someone else will answer either tonight or first thing in the morning.

Welcome to the forum. 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

adelphiaUK
  • 28 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff, that's what I thought (for part 2). Seems daft being forced into using their firmware but no longer locking phones to their network. Oh well. I probably won't bother then as I have unlimited this that and the other, but we shall see.

As for the editing, we'll it looks like you can't edit after a certain amount of time, at least not at my level.

I have one or two other issues like not being able to call forward on Android 11 which I need to talk to CS about too.

Thanks for your responses and that's where I'm about to go too, to my pit. Been a long and stressful day today and another one tomorrow and my feet are absolutely killing me with pain!

Night

Chris
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@adelphiaUK 

Hope you feel better today. 😉

As for your time to edit, it used to be 90 minutes when we were run by Lithium. I have no idea how long it is now, although I do know I edited a post with a spelling mistake after 45 minutes with this new (not) improved Khoros. 🙄  It doesn't matter what level you are, it's the same for everyone. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I think the Khoros "edit your post" window is an hour now - having just managed to edit one at 59mins recently but then been unable to save it 2 mins later grrr! 🤷‍♂️

And ignore the "male" logo the forum is going to put after this "shrugging man" emoji, a feature of a recent Khoros "let's fix these 9 things and break these 18 other things" rolling update late last year, @adelphiaUK.

And yes, firmware tailored to a particular networks equipment sounds just like "locking phones to that provider's network"🙄

I wonder when VM-supplied handsets will fully work identically to O2-procured models? 🤔

Message 6 of 10

adelphiaUK
  • 28 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well both my handsets are completely free of any such ties given they were bought full price and in sealed boxes unbranded and SIM free

Chris
Message 7 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@adelphiaUK 

You should be able to use WiFi calling on Samsung's and looking at my desk this morning, with all the test devices, most of which have been used with an o2 sim (enterprise) or an eSim and WiFi Calling and are all sim free devices, and none have o2 firmware. 

The only Samsung phone that needed o2 firmware was the Samsung J3, which was a horrible phone and was one of the first J Series to support WiFi Calling. 

@pgn 

I don't want any of the dodgy Belgian Network rubbish anywhere near the o2 network slight_smile  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 10

adelphiaUK
  • 28 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My S10+ has now enabled Wi-Fi Calling  but my Tab S7 LTE is still waiting. I may have to do a reboot or even a Wi-Fi  refresh to get it started. However, I still can't use MMI codes on either device with Wi-Fi Calling enabled or not. I think I'm going to have to speak to CS again as 4 rings (about 5 seconds) just doesn't give me long enough to answer the phone.

Chris
Message 9 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Why not just turn of voicemail for now until you get it sorted Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10