Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling for OnePlus 3T

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Hey folks, 

Been a while since I've posted, manly due to personal reasons that I'm not wanting to go into. 

Anyway, I'm just wondering if there is any update on Wifi calling for the OnePlus 3t yet? Seems odds that i keeps showing up on my account as an available add-on, but then not list my handset as supported. 

Thanks 

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys, just checked on this one for you @Curr946@MI5@pgn@jonsie! Unfortunately we have no ETA for Wifi Calling coming to the OnePlus 3 or 3T, but we are hoping to have it available on the OnePlus 5 sometime in Q4. We’ll make sure to keep everyone updated on when the functionality rolls out to new devices!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No updates that we've heard of mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 28

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
That is a good question, @Curr946 - let's see what unfolds.

Another OP3T user.
Message 3 of 28

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good to see you back @Curr946

No update as yet. O2 say more devices will be added but the cogs of O2 turn very slowly. ......

Message 4 of 28

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys, just checked on this one for you @Curr946@MI5@pgn@jonsie! Unfortunately we have no ETA for Wifi Calling coming to the OnePlus 3 or 3T, but we are hoping to have it available on the OnePlus 5 sometime in Q4. We’ll make sure to keep everyone updated on when the functionality rolls out to new devices!

Message 5 of 28

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Will we ever see any older models getting wifi calling? At the moment I'm looking for reasons to stay with O2. Unfortunately I'm finding it quite a struggle at the moment. 

Message 6 of 28

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
You've got wifi calling @jonsie - Tu!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 28

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
You've got wifi calling @jonsie - Tu!

Yes and a damn good app it is. Others though would tend to disagree.....😉

Message 8 of 28

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
It works well for me - I work in an office that supposedly has a boost box but it is old and needs replacing, so the signal is a little patchy.
However, thanks to the wifi in the office I still receive and make calls and the same with texts...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted O2 by live chat in the week to get WiFi calling enabled on my OnePlus 3T.  The clown on the chat claimed to have done this which included removing TuGo from my account.

I've just spent the morning back at home (where I have NO signal) on more live chats to find out when the 3T will be supported. End result was that the only option now is Tu Go.  However as the afor mentioned clown killed my Tu Go account I can't now re-register as it's not allowed!!!

Ended up on a landline call to O2 where I was told that there is no plan to provide WiFi calling on existing handsets that are not on the current list (except the Samsung 8 Plus as they were sorting this already).  Also no option to re-enable Tu Go even from the server end!

I am properly screwed until (and if) O2 can be bothered to upgrade my local mast (fat chance) or decide to upgrade the firmware on the OnePlus 3T - which they say they aren't going to do.  I can't help feeling that I upgraded my handset under false pretences.  Is there an ombudsman I can take these clowns to?

Message 10 of 28