Android

Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,845

Re: Wifi Calling - Coming soon to Huawei P20 & P20 Pro

Highlighted
Level 28: Ingenious

Its unlikely they'll do it now for the Mate 20, as the Mate 30 is due to be announced in September and they don't yet support the P30 / P30 Pro which are newer
Highlighted
O2 Social Media Team

No word on the Huawei Mate 20 devices but - it is something we're working with Huawei on. Implementing the technology between network and device can be very complex and varies massively from device to device. Some devices like those from Huawei do require more testing and work than others. So, it is something we're both working on and hope to bring to customers soon, but in terms of when... That's TBC.

As soon as there's any new info or updates to share, i'll let everyone know.

Hi. I'm from the Social Media Team.

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Is anyone able to confirm if they've got this working yet? Had the firmware update nearly a month ago now but no option for WIFI calling in the settings, software says all up to date.... wondering if it's meant to be due on the next update so we may have to wait a few more months?

Highlighted

I've bought my P30 pro having found this page on your o2 website, which led me to believe that wifi calling was available on it through o2.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices?page=device/huawei/p30-pro/topic/settings/how-to-a...

Yes, I am not aware there is a list of supported devices (no Huawei handset on it though)

What is the deal with misleading customers like this? That page is 2nd on a google search of 'p30 pro wifi calling o2'. That page should not exist

Highlighted
Topics: 738

@Matt82 

Your question was posted here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/P30-Pro-wifi-calling/m-p/1251234#M36779  and has been answered by @MI5 

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 738

[ Edited ]

@Matt82 wrote:

I've bought my P30 pro having found this page on your o2 website, which led me to believe that wifi calling was available on it through o2.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices?page=device/huawei/p30-pro/topic/settings/how-to-a...

Yes, I am not aware there is a list of supported devices (no Huawei handset on it though)

What is the deal with misleading customers like this? That page is 2nd on a google search of 'p30 pro wifi calling o2'. That page should not exist

@Chris_K?

Any idea why the above page exists when Wifi calling isn't even supported on the P20, let alone the P30?

I can see the set up info is greyed out but still think it's misleading customers really?

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted

Has anyone managed to get wifi calling working on the P20 pro with O2 yet?
Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,845

Not only misleading but verging on unethical. The same can be said of the Xperia 1.... 

Highlighted

Still no progress on this Smiley Sad