Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling - Coming soon to Huawei P20 & P20 Pro

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

And no, that's not some cruel joke... It's happening. It's on the way. And it's right around the corner.

tenor.gif

The over-the-air update is due to start tomorrow. Huawei will be releasing this update g-r-a-d-u-a-l-l-y, with more devices added next week, before opening the update to everyone at the end of the month. So if you don't see it available straight away, don't worry - you should get it soon.

We know many of you with P20's or P20 Pro's have been patiently awaiting this update for a long time and we want to apologise for that. Unfortunately, implementing Wifi Calling on supported devices is often not an easy, straight-forward or fast process. Sometimes it's straight forward enough that we can implement the functionality before we even start selling a device, and sometimes, it's not that easy. We've been working closely with Huawei on this for many, many, many months and we're finally there... Thanks for sticking with us!

For our P30 series customers... Due to the complexities of implementing our Wifi Calling, our immediate focus was on the P20 devices. In theory however, finally getting it out for the P20's may make the process easier, but as soon as there's more to share, we will.

Interested in how O2 handles software updates? Click here for more.
Interested in how O2 handles Wifi Calling updates? Click here for more.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Its unlikely they'll do it now for the Mate 20, as the Mate 30 is due to be announced in September and they don't yet support the P30 / P30 Pro which are newer
Message 12 of 58

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

No word on the Huawei Mate 20 devices but - it is something we're working with Huawei on. Implementing the technology between network and device can be very complex and varies massively from device to device. Some devices like those from Huawei do require more testing and work than others. So, it is something we're both working on and hope to bring to customers soon, but in terms of when... That's TBC.

As soon as there's any new info or updates to share, i'll let everyone know.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 13 of 58

soupsurfer7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is anyone able to confirm if they've got this working yet? Had the firmware update nearly a month ago now but no option for WIFI calling in the settings, software says all up to date.... wondering if it's meant to be due on the next update so we may have to wait a few more months?

Message 14 of 58

Matt82
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've bought my P30 pro having found this page on your o2 website, which led me to believe that wifi calling was available on it through o2.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices?page=device/huawei/p30-pro/topic/settings/how-to-a...

Yes, I am not aware there is a list of supported devices (no Huawei handset on it though)

What is the deal with misleading customers like this? That page is 2nd on a google search of 'p30 pro wifi calling o2'. That page should not exist

Message 15 of 58

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Matt82 

Your question was posted here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/P30-Pro-wifi-calling/m-p/1251234#M36779  and has been answered by @MI5 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 58

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Matt82 wrote:

I've bought my P30 pro having found this page on your o2 website, which led me to believe that wifi calling was available on it through o2.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices?page=device/huawei/p30-pro/topic/settings/how-to-a...

Yes, I am not aware there is a list of supported devices (no Huawei handset on it though)

What is the deal with misleading customers like this? That page is 2nd on a google search of 'p30 pro wifi calling o2'. That page should not exist

@Chris_K?

Any idea why the above page exists when Wifi calling isn't even supported on the P20, let alone the P30?

I can see the set up info is greyed out but still think it's misleading customers really?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 58

soupsurfer7
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Has anyone managed to get wifi calling working on the P20 pro with O2 yet?
Message 18 of 58

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Not only misleading but verging on unethical. The same can be said of the Xperia 1.... 

Message 19 of 58

soupsurfer7
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Still no progress on this 😞
Message 20 of 58