Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi/4G calling not working

Andys1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have an Xperia 1II which was purchased from the O2 website and collected in store. It's on a pay monthly contract.

Neither WiFi calling nor 4G calling have ever worked.

I have spoken to several agents via chat and they assure me it's provisioned on the account. They have removed the provision and added it again, but no joy.

They keep telling me to just "look for the setting". I don't have the setting. It doesn't exist.

If I do *#*#4636#*#*, it shows its not provisioned.
Checking "IMS registration" it shows "not registered" and everything is unavailable.

In "Phone information" within that menu it shows
VoLTE and WiFi calling as not provisioned.

Has anyone ever managed to get O2 to fix this or do I just need to give up and accept that I'm paying for things that don't work?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Andys1 

You'll have to call again and get them to escalate it to tech support.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Andys1 

Have you added it in your MyO2?

wifi on.JPG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Andys1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It was already showing active in there, and the person I spoke to on the webchat via the MyO2 app confirmed it was active on the account.
As I say, they tried turning it off then on again to see if that would kick it into life so to speak.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Andys1 

You'll have to call again and get them to escalate it to tech support.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4