cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does o2 not have any of the best phones?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was so shocked to hear that o2 doesn't offer either HTC 10 or Google Pixel. How is this possible? I've been waiting for my upgrade for three years (from my HTC One M8, which I have loved) only to find that I may have to change providers just to get a competitive smartphone. 

How can one of the leading networks in the UK not offer leading smartphones? 

Has anyone else found this, and is there a reason why o2 doesn't offer them?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2's business strategy has been a mystery for a couple of years now. They seriously need to review it. 

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jonsie - it is a bit of a mystery. Is it likely that an o2 facilitator will come and answer this post? I would love to understand more... they're in danger of losing a customer! Which is a shame, because I love o2 - I just love my device more.  

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You may get a response from one of the social media team but it will just be a generic excuse along the lines of "we assess phones and market requirements on an ongoing basis and at this time we have no plans to introduce these phones"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks MI5, can understand that they have to have a generic response. Probably quite tough, possibly a licensing/supply issue, and potentially facilitators won't even know the answer. But there must be some kind of response to give... how can they be a telecoms company but provide no phones?!

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Well they do provide phones, just not all of them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

..... and the phones that they do supply that people want are usually out of stock! 

Message 7 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

The Google Pixel is an EE Network exclusive in a deal done by Google, so no other network is offering it, CPW are offering it on all networks in a deal again done with Google.

No idea, but think HTC is down to lack of demand and cost per handset and the discount offered to Telefonica as a group.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 8