Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhatsApp in Germany

Iain2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I use WhatsApp from my UK location mainly for messages within the UK but occasionally overseas such as Germany. A friend in Germany also is on O2 but says that it is impossible according to O2 to download WhatsApp there. Can this be possible? According to the statistics there are thousands of WhatsApp users in Germany. Is he on the "wrong" network?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Iain2 

That would be a windows phone and unfortunately WhatsApp is not available on that device, so O2-DE are correct.

He needs to upgrade his phone wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

Iain2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's gradually getting clearer tks.  Looks like he's going to have to get round to his local mobile shop if not locked down and get  himself an Android or iOS or Apple and just download with it.

Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Yes, that's the only way @Iain2 thumbsup

He may also be able to order a new phone off Amazon if the stores are closed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 13