Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What just updated?

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just rebooted my S5 and during the startup got a blackscreen with "application updating" then "configuring apps" in the middle. After a few minutes the phone did that and was back to normal.

Few things to note tho. I have "automatically check for updates" unticked. Im running 5.0 but still on that version and everything else (kernal version, build version, KNOX etc are the same) so my questions are

1) What did it update?

2) Why did it do it if auto updates are turned off for both system and app updates

Ta

Edit: I do have " update security policies automatically" ticked, not sure what this is tho and how you would know if that updated

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Are think i solved it. Going into the Google Play Service rather than the Store, i see im on version 8.3.

That appears to have been released in the past few days so bet it was that that was updating slight_smile
Message 11 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, I said Google Play services wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yea i forgot the Play Store and Play services were 2 different things for a moment grin

Thanks again
Message 13 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No worries mate slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @paulbacon

If you have any more questions remember that the community is here to help!

Cheers

Message 15 of 15