cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting swap from iPhone 5S to Oneplus 3T

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi can anyone help? I'm looking to upgrade from an old Apple 5S to the Oneplus 3T and wanted to know if the sim can simply be swapped without any hassle and continue using your existing call plan and if so are you able to just walking into an O2 store and buy the phone outright without needing a new plan?

thanks in advance

Graeme.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous  Swapping sims is easy if you go in store. They will do it for you right there. The swap can take up to 24 hours, but is usually done much quicker. As for purchasing the phone, you should call your local store to see if they have it in stock before you go there.

Edit: You may also have to change the APN on the new phone, as you probably are on idata at the moment.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23068 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous  Swapping sims is easy if you go in store. They will do it for you right there. The swap can take up to 24 hours, but is usually done much quicker. As for purchasing the phone, you should call your local store to see if they have it in stock before you go there.

Edit: You may also have to change the APN on the new phone, as you probably are on idata at the moment.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If buying the phone on PAYG, some stores will ask you to buy a top up at the same time, which you won't need.
This is at the managers discretion so shop around if one stores says they will force you to buy the top up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3