cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI Calling S8 Oreo Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Oreo update for the S8 (unbranded due to having contract through CPW). 

One thing that I have noticed is that the WIFI calling ability has been taken off (had throughout the beta)...is this something that is going to be re-enabled through a patch update at all by O2? 

AP: G950FFXXU1ZRA5

CP: G950FFXXU1ZRA5

CSC: G950FOXM1ZRA5

Model: G950F

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We are told the S8 will work on an OXM CSC.
https://www.o2.co.uk/business/support/network-support/wifi-and-4g-calling
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousThe only person who could answer this is @Chris_K I have tagged him in the hope he will reply when online..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I take it that there isnt any news on this at all?

Would be nice to be able to make calls when at home (as soon as I go through my front door...no signal due to RSJs blocking outside signals).

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No news as yet, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ta muchly....at least it means I can rewatch GoT without interuptions..

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same issue after upgrading to Oreo. When is a new patch being released? Or how do I downgrade to older firmware?
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No one has said a patch will be released, but as said above, it should be working and others with Oreo have it working,
Try removing wifi calling from your device details in your MyO2 and then re-add it to see if that helps.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8