Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya peeps looked at the other posts on this but none seems to be what I'm looking for 

Every time I turn on my phone I get a notification that I have a voicemail message when I call it it's 02 speaking clock this message will not go away when I press 3 to delete this message it doesn't HOW CAN I GET RID OF IT? Turned voicemail off but the message&notification's still there. 

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@8767
Open the phone app then open settings from within the app. Look for voicemail or voicemail number (varies by phone) then go into that and change 123 for 901.
Don't forget to press save or enter, then, if you hold the number 1 key, your phone will dial 901 for voicemail.
Sometimes, the phones firmware won't allow you to change the number, in which case you'll just have to dial 901 manually to listen to messages.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @8767 Either send yourself a voicemail,, or get someone else to do it...once read Press three and it should delete all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@8767

Your voicemail number is wrong.
You need to dial 901, not 123.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 12

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @8767, and welcome to the forum Wave I hope the info above helps you get your voicemail issue sorted, and please do let us know how you're getting on smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@EmilieT if a customer on O2 is using an unlocked EE phone, the stored voicemail number will be 123 (EE voicemail).
If you just press the voicemail call button it will dial 123 which is the speaking clock on O2 wink

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
@EmilieT if a customer on O2 is using an unlocked EE phone, the stored voicemail number will be 123 (EE voicemail).
If you just press the voicemail call button it will dial 123 which is the speaking clock on O2 wink

Thanks @MI5 for clarifying that, I hadn't come across this before but it makes sense so cheers for the explanation Handshake 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 12

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So that's why it says new voicemail call123@I get speaking clock cos I was with EE but switched when I 'd used up all the payg credit i was on Orange then when in got new phone was different size sim &still had credit & if I switched network I'd loose it.
So how do I get it to display 02 voicemail number? Easy?or best going to the 02 shop?
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@8767
Open the phone app then open settings from within the app. Look for voicemail or voicemail number (varies by phone) then go into that and change 123 for 901.
Don't forget to press save or enter, then, if you hold the number 1 key, your phone will dial 901 for voicemail.
Sometimes, the phones firmware won't allow you to change the number, in which case you'll just have to dial 901 manually to listen to messages.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Done finally got rid of the voicemail message was bloody debt collectors cos I Google it when they called before block the number they call you on a different one I'M NOT&NEVER BEEN IN DEBT
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
lol, typical eh slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12