cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual VM costing me £££!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have tried for an hour trying to bleed info off the net but can find niothing on my problem so I signed up here :manhappy:

Decided to try Phone Fusions Visual Voicemail+ and thought it was great but soon realised my bill was growing. On closer inspection I notice that one number (08458340777) was charging anything up to £1 at very regular intervals. Apparently that is the app redirecting missed calls. I miss a lot of calls! I thought this app was free, doe's anyone else have any information on this because I am having no luck!

Many thanks in advance slight_smile

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
As it's an 0845 number you will be getting charged by O2 as they are not free numbers but are only charged at 20ppm http://www.o2.co.uk/support/generalhelp/howdoi/specialnumbers
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Having just read some of the (very poor) reviews on Play some others have mentioned that the divert number charges £40 per minute!! It also appears very difficult to get off your phone once it's installed. It looks like one to be avoided at all costs...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

The app gets a lot of good reviews and I can see none that mention this. I thought it was something to do with me or O2? Guess I'd better get rid now, shame its a very hand app 😞

Does anyone have any good suggestions for visual voicemail? now I've had it, I want to keep it.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
This is the quote

Adam Mayhead - January 4, 2013 - Version 4.0.1.1
costs me a fortune diverting numbers to them
this is my favourite voicemail app, however i have just got my bill through and noticed it was higher then normal so checked and it turns out it was costing me £40 p/m to divert calls to their number. i then checked and this has been the case for the last 3 months, so overall it's cost me £120 to have this voicemail app. i'll stick with the free one tmobile provide until it doesn't cost me to divert to them

Others are suggesting a free service from Google but I've not heard of one myself...?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nor me but I'm a google fan and if they do this then I want in! slight_smile

Just complained to the dev of VM+ and they replied (instantly) that it is my carrier (O2) and that their app is indeed completely free. I'll be calling O2 in the morning and I'll be pretty interested to hear why they charge me so much to use a visual VM service when they dont even offer one themselves! :manfrustrated:

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
As it's an 0845 number you will be getting charged by O2 as they are not free numbers but are only charged at 20ppm http://www.o2.co.uk/support/generalhelp/howdoi/specialnumbers

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so the Dev turned out to be awesome. He told me I can change the number that the app is using to forward. Under the apps settings > Activate Fusion VM+ and there is the offending 0845 along with a 0207 and 0330 numbers. I chose the 0330 number which I believe not a premium. If you don't hear from me then you can assume it worked!

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
03 numbers are indeed included in your minutes allowance..... Would be nice if you could pop back and let us know wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8