Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Virgin Media WiFi on the tube: second hand phone not allowing registration

I was using a Sony M4 Aqua and had registered to use, and was using, Virgin Media WiFi whilst on te tube.

Recently I bought a second hand Samsung (on account of the Sony being the worst phone I have ever owned). The Samsung's had a complete factory reset and is working perfectly with my old SIM except for registering it to use Virgin Media's WiFi on the tube. Whenever I enter my number I get a message saying the device is registered to a different number and a text has ben sent to that number. Given I haven't got a clue who owned the phone before (I purchased from a reputable reseller) and they dont seem to have done anything yet to degregister their interest does anyone know what I can do or who I can contact to resolve this.

Thanks

Highlighted
Topics: 549
Solutions: 12,946

Re: Virgin Media WiFi on the tube: second hand phone not allowing registration

Try this fix http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Wifi-At-London-Underground-Not-able-to-conne...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Virgin Media WiFi on the tube: second hand phone not allowing registration

Hey @Anonymous, did MI5's advice above help you out? Were you able to register in the end? Smiley Happy

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature