Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Video calling on Galaxy S9+

Struggling to find the video call icon in the phone settings. The video icon appears briefly after a call to a contact has ended, but there doesn't seem to be an option to video call a sleected contact.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Topics: 576
Solutions: 16,542

Re: Video calling on Galaxy S9+

@Jaimz you would need to use an app to video call as it's not supported naitivly by O2.

WhatsApp or Google Duo for example.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)

Thank you.  Seems strange that it still works, even though it doesn't appear to be supported!  Appreciate your reply.

To be more accurate, it's not supported at firmware level. I think the network is capable but at a horrendous cost to the user.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:

Once again, thanks for helping out with this query.  Much appreciated.

Have O2 stopped native video calling? I always used to use this on the note 2 but it seems its no longer an option

Topics: 770

and above in this thread.....

Currently using: