cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Old Samsung Diva Diamond

Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife's old faithful - she is 75 and the phone not much younger...! - Samsung got stuck in the washing machine. Left in her trouser pocket...!

Well, the phone's a write-off but the O2 Sim, of course, normally survives anything.

Anyway, she bought a new Nokia for 50 quid to keep her going but when the O2 shop transferred the Sim, many of her contacts were missing. The O2 shop now says there is nothing they can do.

I am probably on a hiding to nothing here, but does anyone know if there is a way I can view the Sim on my PC? I don't want to edit or interfere with it, merely read what is on it so I can pick out any contacts she has lost.

I have tried plugging it in using a USB multi-card adaptor but the PC reports the driver failed to load - if there is such a thing.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

No go, I'm afrtaid. Had to give up... O2 shop could not help. Even Kies could not break into the SIM. Had to manually copy what we could from my phone. After that, my wife just gets along as best she can...

Thanks for asking...

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately not but have you actually tried the old sim in the new phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid I can't do that, MI5. The old sim is about three times the size of the latest micro sim.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Ok, it may be possible that a phone shop can cut it down for you.
Local markets stalls are good places to try for that.
Alternatively ask in your o2 shop if they still have sim readers. They used to have them but not used much these days as all smartphones sync contacts to cloud backups.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous how are you doing with the old SIM and contacts? It would be lovely to hear how you're getting on. slight_smile

Thanks @MI5 for helping!

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

No go, I'm afrtaid. Had to give up... O2 shop could not help. Even Kies could not break into the SIM. Had to manually copy what we could from my phone. After that, my wife just gets along as best she can...

Thanks for asking...

Message 6 of 6