cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Samsung Note and Tomtom Satnav whilst in Europe

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Tomtom on my Samsung Galaxy Note and use it getting around the UK with little or no problem. I am about to spend some time in Europe (France mainly) and want to know if I'll be charged by O2 if I have my satnav on and running on my phone. Has anyone got any experience ? It's not going to be worth while using if I come home to a massive mobile bill. 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If the maps are on your phone, turn off data (and data roaming) and turn on GPS and there will be no need for any downloads.
If you have to download maps, do it on WiFi before you set off on a journey.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If the maps are on your phone, turn off data (and data roaming) and turn on GPS and there will be no need for any downloads.
If you have to download maps, do it on WiFi before you set off on a journey.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2