cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating sony xperia arc

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi ive been having problems recently with my xperia arc, it constantly tells me it has low disc space and apps cant update themselves i have avg protection and that says insuffient storage space to update, i have hardly any photos on phone no games and cant because no space and facebook cant update, ive found myself deleting message conversations to see if that helps:/. I connected phone to my laptop and it says phone is upto date on software however there is a newer version available the build number i currently have is 4.0.2.A.0.62 and the newer one is 4.1..... something. The other thing i cant work out is i have over 6gb free on my sd card but cant access it in anyway so its my phone memory thats being used for everything, is there anything i can do??? Im really wanting to upgrade as its annoying me but not due until July:(

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Your data cache partition is full. Use this to clear it (if you can load it) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bazinga.cacheclean&feature=search_result#?t=W251bG...

If not do it manually from the bootloader menu.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It sounds as if you need to offload some apps to make space, then if you use something like App2SD to move apps to the SD card, you will have more space.

I try and avoid apps that can't be moved but there are always some that can't be.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Your data cache partition is full. Use this to clear it (if you can load it) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bazinga.cacheclean&feature=search_result#?t=W251bG...

If not do it manually from the bootloader menu.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Or this one. It's very small. Only 164K, I think:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.cache&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsM...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your replies I have already been uding app2sd the only app I have is facebook and ebay I know they are big but phone has been fine for ages with them so ive tried your cache clear app:-) thanks again
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just to give you a bit of background to the issue, it's not the app partition that is the problem, so in this case, moving apps to SD card won't help you. The app partition is around 4Gb is size so plenty of room for ebay and facebook, but, android partitions off a separate area for the cache files which is only around 150mb in size and hence fills up quite quickly.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6