I was looking at the upgrade thing tonight. It says up to 4 weeks delivery time. Surely that can't be right? Meaning you would be paying for a contract before you actually started using the handset potentially. I might actually just call instead.
I can't be without a working handset so I am not sure it's worth the risk.
The new contract wouldn't start until the new device was shipped.
There's low stock on all phones currently due to semi conductor shortages and shipping issues from China.
OK the only other option is Click and Collect. However I don't think they stock the model I want the last time I asked about it. So my only option really is to order online and wait the time. Not convenient but with two months before my contract is up.....
Should get it by then.....
It's very inconsistent and the delivery date is getting longer away. So I decided after 8 weeks after I put the order originally through, I will need to contact O2 and find out what is going on. If the answer is vague and inconclusive I will need to consider cancelling the order and get them to send me the SIM instead.
I know it's not O2's fault entirely but they accepted the order despite not knowing when they would have stock. I'm trapped in limbo with it as even if I could get the handset from elsewhere, there would be still be no airtime plan.
My time off in November is not going to be spent went waiting on parcels. And this is the only reason my flexibility is very restrained and not because I am being demanding. Because I will be busy in December, January and on break again in January; again I will not be waiting on anybody during that time.
So I suspect, with a bit of luck it should have something by then although I do not think it is very fair to everybody who had their time taken up by these unfortunate circumstances only to be mislead or given some form of subterfuge with plausible deniability by the mobile telephone companies.
Track usage, upgrade and get support with the My O2 appDownload My O2