cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable wifi?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello 

I have a Galaxy S4 and recently whenever I connect to wifi it tells me the connection is unstable. 

I have checked the wifi at home and it's fine - so must be an issue with my phone.

Any ideas on how to fix it? 

Thanks in advance. 

Mani x

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's a known bug in the software. Samsung have rolled out a patch but it doesn't work with all routers.
Advice in general is to just ignore it......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello @Anonymous - I don't know what ISP you are with or where you are.  I can only tell of a similar experience I and many others had a couple of weeks ago in Northern Ireland.  Our ISP is BT but following a Broadband outtage of several hours many of us had lots of problems connecting our mobile phones via wifi to our BT Home Hub routers.  Even my Kindle would not work via the wifi/ Home Hub connection. It took sometime for BT to acknowledge that there was a fault on their network but when that was recognised and dealt with the wifi woes were rectified.

Hope things settle down for you soon.

Gerry

Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's a known bug in the software. Samsung have rolled out a patch but it doesn't work with all routers.
Advice in general is to just ignore it......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It is a nuisance but doesn't affect the connection. I had it on my Note 3 but the patch sorted it out for me.

Message 4 of 4