cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Galaxy 8 Nightmare

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy 8 via the O2 network. I decided to keep my old iPhone and sell the Samsung on ebay. Big mistake! The mobile was bought by a guy in France who didn't really understand the O2 network locked part of the description and demanded I fix it or refund. I attempted to obtain an unlock code from O2 but when he entered this it didn't work. He tried it a number of times and it locked the SIM and requested a PUK code.

I spoke to someone at O2 who stated that I should have inserted my O2 SIM before passing the phone on. I would also need to pay off the device in full which I had done. The French guy has blocked the payment on paypal and sent the phone back to me to sort out.

I entered my O2 SIM to get the phone up and running as suggested and it worked fine. I bought a cheap pay as you go SIM and inserted it and it was asking for the PUK code straight away rather than giving the option to unlock the phone. I don't understand this as it is a completely different SIM from the one that was used in France - how can it be blocked already? Or has the French SIM being blocked meant that no other SIM can be used or unlocked until the French SIM PUK code is used? I have tried the PUK from O2 and Lebara and neither are accepted. O2 online are just not getting the problem so I'm not sure what to do next. Does anyone understand how this all works?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144295 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Due to the code being entered incorrectly too many times the phone is now hard locked.
Only Samsung can sort this out for you now.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144295 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Due to the code being entered incorrectly too many times the phone is now hard locked.
Only Samsung can sort this out for you now.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2