cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock my device

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello...can i do anything to unlock my device?when i try from my o2 is not possible..and i really needed because im going in holiday for a month and is very important to use my phone.thank you
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Help here but are you sure it is locked?
Try another network sim to check first http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SI...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Help here but are you sure it is locked?
Try another network sim to check first http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SI...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I would guess you have tried calling/speaking to customer services?
Are you on PAYG or contract?
Some advice here: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SI...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 11

ElaGirl
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When will we live in a world where phones are simply unlocked...?

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's not difficult now - what's your issue @ElaGirl ?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

ElaGirl
  • 41 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It just does not make sense that phone companies make products locked.

I know companies still have contracts etc., but that won't be for much longer. In five years time I think you will be able to have monthly payments, leave when you want, and the networks will become more and more competitive, lowering prices...it is happening all over Europe and Asia at the moment. Even the US agencies broke with their contract stance.
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Many of us have sim only deals now that we aren't tied into but there will always be people who can't afford to shell out £600+ for the latest phone who will need 2 year contracts still........

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@ElaGirl wrote:

When will we live in a world where phones are simply unlocked...?

Up to a few years ago O2 only locked P&G phones but now apart from the 1+3 they lock them all. CPW don't need to lock them  because you are tied into a 2 year contract but with the Refresh deal it means that people can unlock straight away and leave the network once the handset is paid for. They just want to maximise profits, they are a business after all. Do I agree with it? No but I understand it.

Message 9 of 11

ElaGirl
  • 41 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Right but if the companies only knew they would make much more money without these ridiculous contracts.
Message 10 of 11